Sermons

Monday, November 10, 2008

maybe blog more

Well, i said i would start blogging more, then i stopped blogging. So i guess i should clarify, i will TRY to blog more.

At EGCC this week, we are going to do something pretty cool. WE have raised enough money to buy more then 25 Turkey dinners and give them to family's in need. I am really excited about it. I have spent the past few weeks preaching about the change that happens within us by following Christ, and what it ought to inspire us to do. The call has been for the whole church to shift from "consumers" to "Contributors." People who give, and not take, its a call to out serve one another.

I hope this is the beginning of a monumental shift in the congregation, for me: to think of others before myself, to give of self, and start denying self for the cause of Christ. I'm excited to see what God will do with such a congregation.

That seems like a tall order from a bunch of turkeys, but my prayer is he will multiply our efforts.

1 comment:

Soren said...

I'm thinking of an episode from "WKRP In Cincinnati" where they dropped free turkeys from a helipcopter. FROZEN TURKEYS. Hilarity ensued.